Welcome back to another blog post. On May 13 was my 21st birthday, which is still so crazy. I thought for todays blog post I would share some of my wisdom on 21 things I learned in my life so far. In know that I will always continue to grow and learn, and thats the beauty of life.
1. No matter what, always listen to your heart. It will tell you what you need to do.
2. Dont let other people control you or how you feel : this goes along with the first point, always stay true to yourself.
3. Know your self worth : you are so beautiful and worth everything, dont spend time tearing yourself apart.
4. Love yourself : this is something that im always learning, and I think I will continue to learn for the rest of my life.
5. SAVE YOUR MONEY : dont spend it on things you dont really need (like a $300 dress you only wore once).
6. Understand that feeling alone is normal and not weird. : its sometimes okay to be okay. You dont have to be happy 100% of the time.
7. Surround yourself with people that treat you with the respect and love you deserve: dont waste your time on fake people, its not worth it trust me. Because you will most likely get hurt in the long run.
8. Let fake friends go : honestly if someone is not treating you right, let them go. Its going to be hard but its worth it.
9. Have enough self respect to walk away from hurtful situations.
10. Dont associate depression with a negative stigma : sometimes it means you just need to rest and take a break from the hash world.
11. I love having a small friend group (I only have 4 close friends) , but im okay with that, because I choose to surround myself with people that will genuinely be there for me.
12. That sims is forever the best game known to man kind.
13. Its Okay to Make Mistakes : as long as you learn from them.
14. Make sure to "“talk the talk, and walk the walk” : thats an old saying, but its one thing I really am trying hard to work on is following up my words with actions.
15.Taking care of your mental health should be one of the most important things you do everyday : do yoga or meditate, trust me it will make a impact on your day.
16. Learn to better yourself : im constantly learning how to fix negative traits about myself that bother me. Wether its learning to listen or be more positive, im constantly trying to better myself.
17. You are not defined by your past : for the longest time in my life (probably from the age of 10-19) I thought I was defined by my past. Im not going to go into detail because a lot of it is personal. But one example was when I was bullied. I thought what the people where bullying me about defined my self worth, and I let it get the best of me. It took me a long time in my life to understand that im NOT those things the bully said, and I am worth so much.
18. Adopting Hazel (my pug) was one of the best things that has every happened to me : I could literally write a book on how much hazel has healed my life. She has brought so much joy and love into my day. She kept me company at times when I felt alone in this world. She is truly my best friend.
19. You can’t change people.
20. Its okay if you dont know your life path.
21. Be authentically you, and stop being afraid of people judging your character as a person.